On May 29, 2013, the U.S. Department of Treasury, along with several federal agencies, including the Social Security Administration, the Department of Veterans Affairs, the Railroad Retirement Board, and the Office of Personnel Management, published the Final Rule on the Garnishment of Accounts Containing Federal Benefit Payments. The final rule not only supersedes state laws pertaining to how credit unions process garnishments, but will also apply to state tax levies and warrants.
- A general review of the requirements for processing garnishments and state tax levies under the final rule;
- The special terminology that applies;
- The detailed steps credit unions need to take when processing garnishment and levy requests;
- Examples of how the rules impact garnishment and levy answers, and hold amounts;
- Model language and sample forms that can be used when providing notice pursuant to the rules.
Who Should Attend?Compliance officers, legal counsel and credit union personnel who process garnishments will benefit from attending this webinar.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.