What happens when a member calls in and says “there are charges on my account statement that I didn’t do”? Does your credit union have a definite process for handling investigations into alleged errors?
This session will discuss error resolution requirements mandated by Regulation E and Regulation Z. We'll discuss the specifics of each regulation, the timing requirements for investigation, and the need for written error resolution procedures to ensure compliance.
- Definition of error and unauthorized transfer
- Timing requirement for member notification
- Investigation time periods
- Communicating the results of your investigation
- When provisional credit must be given
- Error resolution pitfalls and common mistakes
Who Should Attend?
Compliance officers, CEOs, electronic services staff will benefit from this session.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.