This is a rebroadcast of the Wednesday, October 14th, 2020 program. We encourage all attendees of this rebroadcast to submit questions while viewing the event to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send the submissions to the speaker after the broadcast for a timely reply.
During this program, we will look at the checks and all the questions you get asked every day. Insurance checks, treasury checks and regular checks, what are you supposed to do and what can you do to help the account holder and his or her family. What if there will be no official estate account? This program is a must for all who work the front line.
What You Will Learn
- How many days after death can I pay checks my account holder wrote before death?
- How to handle treasury checks after death
- What happens to customer’s funds on social security representative payee accounts?
- Who can negotiate a check made payable to the decedent?
- What documentation do we need to prove someone can act for decedent?
- Can the spouse endorse checks for decedent?
- Who can negotiate checks “To the Family of John Doe”?
- Many other questions you get asked daily at the death of an account holder
Who Should Attend?
This webinar will benefit new accounts representatives, tellers, trainers, branch managers, personal bankers, deposit operations and branch administration personnel.
Please note: This site employs features that may cause unexpected behavior in older versions of Internet Explorer. If you experience a problem, try refreshing your screen. If this doesn't solve the problem, click on this link.
You may contact us by using the Online Chat button below.